Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What I'm reading (and what I'm not)

A quick run-down of the Stephen King (Re-)Read Project:

1. I'm not reading everything.  I'm doing the novels and the fiction collections in publication order. I'm not reading the non-fiction (yet).
2. I'm not reading every edition.  In the cases of books like The Stand that have a revised edition, I'm reading that in place of the originally published edition. So, I'll be reading The Stand after Night Shift, but it'll be the 1990 revised & uncut version.
3. In the case of short stories, there was at least one collection where every story is also in another book. That one has been cut from my list. 
4.  I have to be able to get my hand's on it. I know of one story that I believe was only released as a chapbook, so that's out. 
5. I'm not just going to be reading King, so this might take awhile. I'm usually reading two books at once, so for the foreseeable future, one of those books will always be King, but I'm not going to put off reading -say- the new Terry Pratchett until this project is over. I think I'd go insane. 


My reading list on google docs

No comments:

Post a Comment